(Double Click) [to Close]

Anne Hathaway Responds to Crotch Shot Incident

What an unfortunate incident! Anne Hathaway had a major wardrobe malfunction during the premiere of Les Misérables Monday night.  While attempting to exit her car, Hathaway’s far too tight dress shifted slightly allowing photographers a front row viewing to her crotch.  Unfortunately for Anne, the actress wasn’t wearing any underwear, and the paps were able to see everything! Poor girl.  Anne immediately addressed the issue with mild humor stating:

img anne hathaway 141636854610.jpg carousel parties Anne Hathaway Responds to Crotch Shot Incident

“I was getting out of the car and my dress was so tight that I didn’t realize it until I saw all the photographers’ flashes. It was devastating. They saw everything. I might as well have lifted up my skirt for them.”

However today, after an appearance on Today with Matt Lauer, Anne’s singing a different tune.  After Lauer immediately questioned her about the incident Anne did not hesitate to call out the photographers in question for their disgusting disregard for human privacy.  She claimed:

“It was obviously an unfortunate incident [and] it kind of made me sad that we live in an age when someone takes a picture of you in a vulnerable moment and sells it rather than deletes it.  I’m sorry that we live in a culture that commodifies unwilling participants, it makes me think about the character I play in Les Mis, actually, she is someone who is forced to sell sex to benefit her child, so let’s get back to Les Mis.”

We couldn’t agree more! It’s truly disgusting that these photographers would choose to publish pictures of someone who so clearly had no intention of divulging that part of themselves. We’re glad to see Anne act so gracefully in this situation, and hope those photographers could do the same in the future.